New Moon in Pisces
March 13, 2021 | New Moon | Pisces | 2:21 AM PST | 5:21 AM EST | 10:21 AM GMT
\ ˈnü ˈmün \ The Moon phase where the sky goes dark, we turn inward, planting seeds of intention and new beginnings
This is the final New Moon of the astrological year and it invites us to focus on the culmination and integration of everything that we have learned over the past year.
This is a second chance at this integration, the first was the calendar new year, so now that we’ve had two months to process the immense transformation we experienced in 2020 we can start to envision what comes next for us in the collective and individually. This is also a second chance for rest and healing before we start the next cycle when the Sun moves into Aries. As you look to your intentions for the New Moon in Pisces, know that the seeds you plant now will be growing and culminating in 30-day, six-month, and 12-month cycles.
The dreamy world of Pisces asks us to explore the liminal, the gray area between this world and the otherworldly, our physical bodies and our spiritual bodies, what we can touch and what we can feel. There is a fuzziness to the energy that can lead to confusion or disillusion, but our only job when it comes to navigating these Piscean waters is to notice, feel, and go with the flow.
Here are some Piscean questions to contemplate, pull cards on, or journal about as you set up for your intentions:
- How can I align with my own energetic flow (not with others’)?
- Where can I find inspiration through creativity?
- What can I do to support my spiritual and mental health?
- Which new habits can I begin to help close out the old and begin anew?
- When can I create space for rest and healing?
The New Moon is a great time to start a new practice that supports you in these Pisces themes, here are a few I recommend:
- Begin keeping a dream journal so you can dissolve the boundary between the subconscious and conscious. Analyze it regularly to see if you see any patterns.
- Create space for surrender through creativity and forget about any rules! Sing whatever you want, dance around your bedroom without caring what you look like, paint without worrying about what the final product will look like…let your divine intuition guide you and enjoy the process rather than the result.
- Find an energy healer to help clear anything that may be blocking you. My friend Elise at coReiki is so gifted with this work she has generously offered a 15% discount on either a distance healing session OR her powerful new course Self-Healing for Professionals through the end of Pisces season (March 20th) to support you in your healing journey. Just mention my name at booking to receive the discount 💗
The Full Moon in Virgo has set us up perfectly to ease into the Spring Cleaning vibe. She asked us to shed what no longer serves us in our daily habits, our health, and to declutter our space, body, and mind. The New Moon in Pisces invites us to plant the seeds of caring for that newly cleansed energy, creating new habits to reflect on endings and new beginnings, and creating space for rest, integration, and healing. If you are able to lean into this New Moon energy, you will set yourself up to leap into Aries season with lightness, energy, and enthusiasm instead of just rolling into it (or even worse, limping!).
This is the time to not just give yourself space, but intentionally create that space, right alongside all the obligations, meetings, responsibilities of everyday life. Self-care is not just a cute buzzword, it is a necessity to avoid the stresses that pile upon stresses leading to burnout and physical manifestations of that stress. If you can give yourself the gift of creating one small habit at the New Moon to support your space and self-care, that intention will help magnify the cycle to support you throughout the year.